Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lil' Kickers

This year we decided to try Charlotte in the Lil' Kickers soccer program at Southport Presbyterian Church. Chloe and Sophie both play, so we thought we would let her try. Plus, it would be something she and Jason could do together. Well, when someone asked me how soccer was going, my reply was, "I think we'll be putting her in dance class next year." :-) It may be too early to write her off in soccer just yet, but right now she is not at all interested in playing. She would prefer to pick the clover in the field than to kick around the soccer ball.

Disclaimer: I took most of these pictures while sitting in my van, so Henry could nap. Any that are clear and better quality are from Sophie.

 Jason was helping to organize the practice overall, so I sent Sophie out on the field to help encourage Charlotte to play.

 Sophie tried her best, and Charlotte played a little on this day (I found that bribery is also a good motivator).

 You can see Charlotte's buddy Ryker in this picture (he's the little guy furthest to the right in the photo). He and his daddy played soccer on Wednesdays with us. I enjoyed getting to go out to dinner with our friends each week!

 I'm pretty sure that Amy and Chloe were discussing books and their mutual love of reading here. I have recently discovered how much it warms my heart to watch my friends interact with and love on my children. (I really enjoyed Amanda's Mother's Day post on her Baby Bangs blog. Click here to read it.)

 Charlotte did a lot of that...

 ...and a little this.

 I mean, if this face doesn't say, "I love soccer!" then what does?

And this is just because I caught Robert playing with Camden and thought it was sweet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this blog post for many reasons. 1) It made me laugh. 2) You were dead on about Chloe and I's conversation. 3) I'm honored to be considered a "Village Mom" to your kids. I know I definitely count you as one to mine. 4) That picture at the end of Robert makes me smile. :-)