Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Last Day of School

 Sophie and Chloe on the morning of their last day

 Sophie and Mrs. Fenton (Mrs. Fenton has decided to stay home with her little man next year. She was a bit emotional by the end of the day. Luckily you can't see me crying behind the camera!)

Mrs. Ludlow and Chloe

The last day... these words had extra significance for us this year. For anyone who doesn't already know, we have decided to homeschool next year. We didn't make this choice lightly. Once we started talking about it, we took about a year to think and pray. I confess that when I first became a mother, homeschooling was not even something I would have considered. However, God has totally changed the attitude of my heart, and I feel like this is something he is calling us to do. I realize that there are going to be challenges along the way (aren't there always?), but our whole family is excited about this new adventure. We have loved sending our kids to Southport Presbyterian Christian School, and I cannot thank the staff and teachers there enough... May they have many, many crowns in Heaven!

No comments: