I don't like for shoes to be worn in the house. In my opinion it just drags all the dirt from outside all over your house, and when I think about some of the stuff we step on, well, eewww! (Public restrooms are like number one on the gross-out list, followed closely by doggy-do.) Anyway, for this reason, we leave our shoes in the laundry/mud room: remove them when we come in and put them on right as we head out. However, placing them into a slotted shoe organizer turned out to be too much to ask of a 3, 8, and 10-year-old (I hope you are sensing the sarcasm), so we came up with a new storage solution. I found this design through Pinterest (check out the original here), and my dad built it for me. {Thanks, Dad!!} It was supposed to be a laundry basket dresser, but we adapted it for our shoes. Now the girls can drop their shoes in their respective baskets and find them there when it's time to go out (Henry's shoes are in a smaller basket on top).


No comments:
Post a Comment