Monday, February 20, 2012

Parent & Child Dates

I have recently succumbed to the addiction that is Pinterest. There are SO many wonderful things on there! The first idea I that copied and put into practice was for parent & child date coupons. You can check out the idea here.

This is the "pinspiration":
And here is my version:
 I know our kids value time with Mom and Dad. And we value time with them as well. We are good at doing "family time", but we wanted to start setting aside special one-on-one time too. I think it's especially important with Chloe and Sophie right now, since Charlotte and Henry still get a lot of my attention during the day.
I created 11 "date" coupons for the 11 remaining months this year. They are:

Dates with Mom:
  • Go out to dinner at a restaurant of your choice.
  • Go to the bookstore for a new book and a treat.
  • Choose a craft project for us to do together.
  • Shop for and cook a recipe of your choice.
  • Go shopping for a new outfit.
  • Kid's choice!
Dates with Dad:
  •  Go out to dinner at a restaurant of your choice.
  • Have a movie night - at home or at the theater.
  • Go bowling or miniature golfing (putt-putt).
  • Go to a playground or park. Hiking, soccer, basketball, swinging - you pick!
  • Kid's choice!
Chloe and I were the first to go on a date, so Sunday afternoon we went to the Starbucks in Target (I had to get some groceries after the date). She picked a craft project. We sat in Starbucks; she drank hot cocoa, I had a coffee, and we shared some coffee cake while knitting hats. She was able talk and talk uninterrupted. I was able to listen without distraction. We had a great time together!

Thanks Pinterest!

1 comment:

Stacey Gaines (Wisdom) said...

I saw this, too, and LOVE the idea! I thought it would be a really cool thing to do as Evelyn gets older!