We watch a lot of Christmas movies as a family, and last night we picked The Nativity Story. I really like this movie. I feel like it does a great job bringing the story of Jesus birth to "life". Chloe really seemed to enjoy it (I think she is a great age for it), and Sophie asked A LOT of questions. I think as Christians we sometimes become so familiar with the story of Christ's birth, that it's good to see the story and not just read it. To remember that Mary and Joseph were real people. This really happened in their lives. I cannot imagine! God really chose to come to Earth as a helpless baby. To be born in humble circumstances. To be the sacrifice for our sin. And don't get me wrong, I love White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, and Miracle on 34th Street as much as the next guy (maybe even more so!), but I am thankful that there is a movie about the true meaning of Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment