Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

This year on Christmas Eve Jason and I, our kids, Anna, Tom, Cooper (Audrey and Ruby spend Christmas Eve with Daddy Roman), and Mom and Dad went to the 6:00pm candlelight service at LifePoint Church. It was a beautiful service! After church we went to dinner at Steak 'n Shake. Perhaps making the girls try to sit still in a restaurant after sitting still through the church service was not wise because they were a bit squirrely. And I probably should've fed Henry before we went because he ended up being VERY hungry and therefore a little grumpy, and I ate my food at record speed. Once we had survived enjoyed our dinner, we all headed back to our house for snacks, games, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. By that time Audrey and Ruby had joined us too. This year we decided not to have Mamaw and Papaw spend the night since we would all be getting ready for church the next morning, then we ended up not going after all. Anyhoo... It was a lot of fun to be together on Christmas Eve (as evidenced by all the big smiles)!

We actually made it to church early enough to take some pictures!

One more picture (in the sanctuary this time) before the service

I wanted to have a picture of Henry Jay too... maybe next time I'll even take his seat belt off. Geez!

Anna and Mom at Steak 'n Shake

Chloe, Sophie, Charlotte

Me and Jay

Dad and Tom

The Nye kids in their snowman jammies

No comments: