Monday, May 9, 2011

How We Spent Mother's Day

Chloe offered to put Charlotte to bed on Saturday night, so she read her a story and then just slept in bed with her. Sunday morning when Charlotte was up at 6:45am, Chloe got up and played with her until I got up. That was a great Mother's Day gift! I went to church with my mom and dad and left all the girls at home with Jason (Sophie had been feeling under the weather since Friday afternoon). When I got back home the girls greeted me with, "Surprise! Happy Mother's Day!" and a display of balloons, cards and pictures they had made. Jason and I quickly made a couple of fruit salads and a pasta salad to take to both family gatherings, and we were off for the day. We headed over to Jason's parents' house to enjoy brunch with them and celebrate his mom. Next we went to my folks' house to eat lunch and celebrate my mom and my Grandma Harrod. I think we made it back home around 7:30pm and let the girls play outside for a while. It was a lovely day, and Jason and I are so thankful for both of our wonderful mothers!

This is the Mother's Day display the girls did.

Jason and his mom

Anna, Ruby, Mom, me
Sophie, Grandma & Audrey, Chloe & Charlotte

Sunday night they all fell asleep in Chloe and Sophie's room.

No comments: