The first wave of the ice storm started Monday night and was followed by a second, larger one on Tuesday. UIndy closed their campus on Tuesday and Wednesday, so Jason was home with us (which was very nice). The girls' school was closed Tuesday through Thursday, and opened with a two-hour delay on Friday. However, Chloe caught the virus that everyone seems to be passing around, so she was home sick on Friday as well. I have to admit that I enjoyed having the girls at home and not being required to go anywhere for three days!

The ice covered tree tops in our backyard.

You can see the sheet of ice on the roof of the shed and some icicles.

It looks like the backyard is covered in snow, but it's actually all ice. Pupcake ran out when I opened the door to take pictures. I was not about to venture out there to chase her. Luckily, she came back on her own.

This is my weeping cherry tree by the front door.

The river birch in the front yard.

One of the bushes in the landscaping out front.

This is the two inches of ice on our driveway. I am slowly chipping away at it!
1 comment:
since I already yelled at you earlier, I'll refrain here! :-) but your ice definitely beats our ice!
Post a Comment