Thursday, February 3, 2011

Science Fair 2011


It's that time of year again: Science Fair time. I didn't like it when I had to do it in school, and I don't really like it any more now. Last year was the first year that Chloe had to participate (and she won first prize for 3rd grade at her school). This year her project was: What will happen to hamburgers over time? (I thought it might be interesting. I had seen a woman on a TV special who had a three-year-old hamburger from McDonald's that looked the same as the day she bought it.) Well, let me tell you what happens to hamburgers: they mold. The scary thing is the rate at which they molded. The homemade and Burger King hamburgers molded very quickly. The McDonald's burger took a lot longer. The Wendy's burger... Yikes! It did eventually mold, but you have to look very close and squint at the picture to see it. (So, that woman on TV must have freeze dried her McD's burger or something, and maybe she should be taking a look at Wendy's instead!) The Science Fair was supposed to be this past Thursday, but because of the ice storm it was postponed. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Stacey Gaines (Wisdom) said...

Mmmmm...a Wendy's hamburger sounds so good right now. What are you doing to me!?!