Monday, February 21, 2011

Peace

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
--Phillippians 4:6-7

Here is what I love about this Bible verse: It doesn't say, "Present your requests to God, and He will fill the order to your specifications." Nope. It's better than that. It promises that He will grant you "the peace of God." I don't know about the rest of you, but when I am crying out to God, what I really need more than my own way, is some peace in this crazy, messed up world. I am so thankful that I serve a God who is willing to give it to me! And I know through my personal experience of trusting God in the past that His plans and ways are far better than my own. He knows and wants the very best for me. In my weak humanity, I can't see beyond this very moment. I can only guess about what will happen next... what tomorrow will hold. Yet, God doesn't have to guess. He knows. Psalm 139:16 says that, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Now that gives me a great sense of peace.

No comments: