Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chloe's 12th Birthday

Jason took the day off work for Chloe's birthday. She picked waffles for breakfast, so I pulled out the iron and made those this morning. We bought her a couple small gifts which she opened today, but she is getting a new bicycle and a party this weekend. We headed down to Columbus today (the other option was Connor Prairie, but the weather was questionable for being outside). We let the kids play at the indoor playground at The Commons, ate lunch at McDonald's, went to kidscommons for more play time, and wrapped the day up with dinner at Culver's with Mamaw and Papaw ($1 butterburgers!!). It was a fun day, and I hope Chloe felt special. She is a wonderful daughter. I am so proud of the girl that she is, and the young woman she is becoming. I pray that her love for the Lord always grows and that the foundation of faith we are helping to build will be firm. We are so thankful for the blessing of her life!

Her last night as an eleven-year-old.
This was the sweet card Sophie made for Chloe.
I can't believe my baby is twelve!
I'm so glad they're friends!
Part of the indoor playground at The Commons in Columbus, IN. Fun and free!
Sophie on the giant toilet slide in kidscommons
Chloe's turn
They did a science experiment testing out Newton's Third Law of Motion (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction). Basically they got to make rockets out of straws, clay and kool-aid bottles then launch them.
Charlotte tested out her rocket.
There is an area to create artwork, and Charlotte colored a few pictures.
Henry colored too. Quite a bit of marker ended up on his hands... And the table. But some of it made it to the paper!
Chloe made a picture by melting crayons on a hot plate. I tried it out too. It was pretty neat!
Sophie also created a masterpiece.
Chloe opened half of her gifts from Mamaw and Papaw tonight. The rest she gets to open at the family birthday party (Chloe, Jason and Tom have May birthdays). She got a doodle book, a bathrobe, a Lego storage container, and a Godiva chocolate bar. Thanks Mamaw and Papaw!

2 comments:

Brownie Bunch said...

Happy birthday Chloe. You are a great role model for your siblings and for our kids. You are a beautiful young lady inside and out.

Stacey Gaines (Wisdom) said...

1. You look fantastic for having a 12 year old!
2. I can't believe Chloe is 12...12!!!
3. Culver's sounds insanely delicious right now...stupid Texas (and gestational diabetes!).
4. That Kalediscope place in Kansas City that we went to has the melted crayons/picture thing, too. You guys definitely need to go there if you ever go to KC!
5. Can we move back yet?