[I forgot to mention on that first horrendous day, in between our return from a failed sightseeing attempt and going to bed, we tried to let the kids swim. However, when we finally found the pool (LARGE hotel) and after we got our key cards reprogrammed because they didn't work in the pool lock, there were only 10 minutes left to swim. At that point, I said, "Heck with it! Swim for ten minutes, kids!"]
Today there was no one else in the pool! We had the whole thing to ourselves.
The pool was quite large (you can see how little the girls look in there). You can also see a smidgen of the older/original part of the hotel. It was really beautiful.
After swimming, we went back to our room. Normally, we don't all nap, but since Henry needed to sleep and since we were planning to go out in the evening, I thought we could all at least try to nap. And nap we all did. :-)
Once Jason's conference was finished for the day we took the metro back downtown and ate dinner at a restaurant called Così (kind of like a Panera or Atlanta Bread Co). There was outdoor seating which was perfect for a family with four kids! We got fueled up and then headed out for our own little nighttime walking tour.
First we stopped at the White House (there were snipers on the roof... kind of surreal). I may not be a big fan of the current President, but I still loved seeing the White House!
Next we walked to the Washington Monument.
This is the girls in front of Indiana's pillar at the World War II Memorial. I didn't get a good picture of this memorial...
Here is a photo I found online (thanks, National Parks Traveler).
From the WWII Memorial we moved on to the Lincoln Memorial. So cool!
This statue of soldiers was near the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall (Charlotte thought they were made of chocolate).
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
So many names...
After this we head back to the hotel (we got some ice cream on the way to the metro). Another great day of vacation in Washington, DC!






No comments:
Post a Comment