One might think that two days of the zoo in St. Louis would be enough wildlife for us, but one would be wrong. Christy had asked if we might want to go to the zoo over Spring Break (Nate wanted to go), so the day after we got back we headed downtown to our zoo. Jay took another day off work to go with us, and Sue (my mother-in-law) went as well. Six kids and four adults is a pretty good ratio! It was overcast but never rained, and the temperature was very comfortable. The best part of this visit for me was the penguins. They were diving and jumping and whizzing through the water. I have never seen them quite so active, and it was very entertaining. Charlotte was finally able to pet a shark at the touch tank, so I think that was probably her favorite part. Jason forgot to put our stroller in the car. We ended up renting one from the zoo, and I carried Hank in the Moby wrap. I didn't take very many pictures because we've been to the zoo about a million times, but here are a few to document the trip:
Chloe and Charlotte checking out some of the lemurs
Sophie in front of the lemur island
The lemurs themselves
The big kids took turns riding in the stroller with Charlotte. She was better at sharing with some of them than others (that means anyone but Sophie was welcome... they have a difficult relationship sometimes).
This little guy is a bit of a wild man and must be contained.
He sure is cute though!
Soph was waiting in line for the zoo train. Most of the group rode, but Sue, Henry and I just sat and waited for them.



No comments:
Post a Comment