Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter was a little different this year. Normally, we split the day between the Nye and Hampton sides of the family. However, my mom scheduled knee replacement surgery on Good Friday (I told mom they were going to put her down on Friday and she'd rise again on Easter - just like Jesus), so we changed things up a little bit this year. Mom, Dad, Anna and her crew all came over the Thursday before Easter (this actually worked out well for multiple reasons because in addition to Mom's surgery, Anna's girls were with their dad this year for Easter). We grilled out and did a night-time Easter egg hunt. I wanted to do it outside, but it ended up being a bit too chilly. I had seen the idea posted multiple times on Pinterest and it looked so cool! (Check out the idea here.) These are about as good as the pictures get from that night:

 Some of the eggs were still intact. As you can see, many of the glowsticks had already been removed before I could take pictures.

They were waving the glowsticks around like crazy!

The only downfall to celebrating in the evening in the middle of the week was that the littler kids were pretty tired by the end of the night. Poor Audrey was a crying mess when it was time to leave!

We skipped church on Good Friday this year. I don't put Henry in the nursery yet, so I'm pretty sure he and I wouldn't have made it through the service. Instead, we loaded up the kids and headed out to St. Francis in Mooresville to visit Mamaw (I had gone out in the morning for the surgery, but they wanted to see her too). She came through her surgery wonderfully! The doctor said it could not have gone better.

On Sunday, we put on our pretty Easter clothes and headed off to church. For the past few years we have worshiped at Jay's parents' church on Easter. His brother and sisters were all there as well. They do an Easter egg hunt after the service and the girls really enjoy that. From church we went back home to do Easter baskets and prepare some food, then we were off to Jay's parents' house. We had a lovely lunch, the kids did another egg hunt, and Jay's mom had Easter baskets for everyone.

 Pretty good picture of all of them!

 The girls seemed to like their baskets (Henry was napping).

 Me and my girls

 Me with all the kids (Somehow I didn't get any of Jay and the kids this year.)

 Trying to get a good picture of all the grandkids is pretty much impossible.

 Nate tried to make sure Noah was in it...

 But Noah's not much for the stand still and take a picture thing right now.

 Henry Jay got to open his Easter basket once we got back home Sunday evening. This was his first Easter!

 When Jason saw these Little People super heroes, he thought Henry needed them in his Easter basket.

 Checking out Green Lantern

And giving Superman a little taste test.

We had a wonderful Easter and hope you did as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such great pictures! The kids all look adorable! I miss seeing them at church!