Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trunks of Fun/Harvest Hoedown

As a good friend of mine put it, I am one of "those people" who hate Halloween. (She was saying that about herself, but it applies to me too.) However, I do enjoy costumes and dress-up and candy! This year we took the kids to Trunks of Fun at Jason's parents' church on Saturday and to the Harvest Hoedown at BRCC on Sunday. The family theme this year was super heroes. Chloe was Wonder Woman, Sophie was Batgirl, and Charlotte was Supergirl. Jay wore his Flash t-shirt and I borrowed his Green Lantern t-shirt for Trunks of Fun. And we went as Jonathan, Martha, and Clark Kent to the Harvest Hoedown (plaid shirts, jeans, boots). It was a fun un-Halloween

Our beautiful young crime fighters

Collecting some candy from what looks like a baby tiger

Trunks of Fun

Chloe spent a lot of her time visiting with the dogs that were there. She loves dogs!

First stop at the Harvest Hoedown: spin art

First candy of the night: lollipop

Sleepy Clark Kent

That's me, Martha Kent... after a hard day of work at the Kent Farm.

Batgirl played the game while Wonder Woman watched.

Supergirl in the bounce house

Ummm... Supergirl with a cat face?

And Batgirl with princess face-paint? You can see Chloe in the background getting her face painted, but I guess we didn't get a picture of her after it was finished.

1 comment:

Stacey Gaines (Wisdom) said...

hooray for un-halloweens!! :-) (2 weeks...2 weeks...2 weeks!!!!!)