On Friday Jason came home from work early, we picked up Nate and met Rich and his boys out at Kelsay Farms in Whiteland. (Check out their blog
here.) It was wonderful! The kids loved it, and the adults did too. Here are some fun things to do at the farm:
- Baby Barnyard (play area for kids 5 and under)
- Moo Choo Express (for kids 2-12)
- Straw Bale Mountain
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Cornhole
- The Corn Crib (like a huge sandbox of corn)
- Calves to pet
- Cow barn
- Snacks (yummy milkshakes)
- Rope maze
- Hayride
- 5 acre corn maze (with a scavenger hunt)
It was a great family Fall activity. I highly recommend it!
 |
| Henry Jay - ready for the day! |
 |
| Chloe, Sophie, Nate and Charlotte before we got started |
 |
| Chloe on the Moo Choo Express |
 |
| Sophie and Charlotte on the Moo Choo Express (I think Charlotte rode it three times) |
 |
| A better view |
 |
| These calves were 28 days old. I think maybe the one calf was using the other calf's ear as a pacifier. |
 |
| Charlotte and her good buddy, Uncle Rich |
 |
| The dairy cows |
 |
| Luke (hiding his face) and Charlotte and Caleb riding the Moo Choo Express (apparently shameful for a 9-year-old boy but funny by the time you hit 12) |
 |
| Josh, Nate, Luke, Caleb, Sophie, Charlotte and Chloe on the straw bale mountain |
 |
| Funny Faces |
 |
| Farmer Charlotte |
 |
| On top of the jungle gym |
 |
| Navigating the corn maze... I am NOT a good navigator. Thank goodness I was with Jay and Rich! |
 |
| Uncle Rich was showing Charlotte the butterfly he caught. |
 |
| There is goes! |
 |
| Hank slept while I waited for my yummy chocolate milkshake. |
 |
| They had pumpkins of every size for sale. |
 |
| The kids loved playing in the corn crib! They inadvertently carried some home in their clothing. |
 |
| My sweet sleepy boy |
 |
| Sophie petting one of the calves (Remember this post?) |
 |
| Caleb and Sophie on top of the world... Or at least on top of the straw bale mountain. |
When I was a young girl, I had a friend who lived on a cow farm (Katie) and one who lived on a pig farm (Sara). I absolutely loved being able to go spend time at their homes! Our kids don't have any friends like that, so I guess this is the next best thing.
Thanks to Jason for being my photographer - you did a super-fabulous job! :-)
2 comments:
you need to work on those navigational skills before we are on The Amazing Race!!
I thought navigating would be your job! :-)
Post a Comment