Monday, August 22, 2011

Henry is here!

On Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM we welcomed Henry Jay Harrod Nye into our family. He was 9 lbs. 8 oz. and 21.5 inches long. Jason and I were so excited to meet our little boy after nine months of waiting and wondering! The girls are all delighted with their baby brother, and so are we.

For anyone curious about his name: not only did we like it, but each name has some special significance. Henry is my paternal grandfather's middle name. Jay is what we call Jason. Harrod is my mother's maiden name and in honor of my late Grandpa Harrod.

Henry is not the best sleeper at this point (but boy can he eat!), so I don't have a lot of pictures (or blogging material). I'm mostly just trying to stay awake. :-) The majority of these were taken at the hospital or soon after we came home. The last few I took today just so the girls would have some photos to show at school!

Before I had Henry

Right after he was born

Mamaw with Henry

Papaw with Henry

Chloe and Henry

Sophie and Henry

Aunt Anna holding her nephew

Audrey taking a turn (good practice for her baby brother due in October)

Me, Charlotte and Henry (I've got to say, I've looked better... eek!)

Great-grandma Ferrill

Aunt Chris a.k.a Mamaw Twisty

Ready to go home

Nate and Henry

Charlotte is doing a great job as a big sister.

Daddy with his two youngest

Hubert Henry Hampton holding baby Henry

Marilyn Witte with Henry and Charlotte

My sweet boy

So glad he's a part of our family!


1 comment:

Stacey Gaines (Wisdom) said...

he is so precious!!! and I love Charlotte so much (well, I love you all so much!...but Charlotte's smile is just contagious!) stupid Texas!