Today, Sophie is eight years old! I can hardly believe it. There were times I thought that I wouldn't survive, but here we are! :-) Sophie was a pretty easy-going baby, but when she hit about 18-months-old that all changed. She has been a firecracker ever since. As difficult as it might be at times parenting a very strong-willed child, I know that the strength in her convictions can serve her well in life. Sophie is sweet and affectionate, fun and silly, and sometimes short-tempered and unreasonable. She has made huge progress over the past year learning to control her anger and outbursts (and by that I mean uncontrollable fits of rage). I am very proud of the way she has matured this past year, and I love her more than words can say.
Happy Birthday, Sophie!!!
 |
| Enjoying her cinnamon toast |
 |
| We gave her a card with a hamster singing "Happy Birthday". |
 |
| Opening birthday gifts from me and Jay |
 |
| Charlotte, Chloe, Elizabeth, Sophie and Rachel |
 |
| Rachel and Sophie |
 |
| Chloe and "Lizbess" talking something over with Charlotte |
We gave Sophie the choice between having a birthday party or spending the day with a friend. She chose to spend the day with her friend Rachel. (Rachel's sister, Elizabeth, is one of Chloe's friends, so she came over too.) We dropped Jason off at work, then picked up the other girls around 9:15 AM. We spent a couple hours at the pool, had lunch at Wendy's, and spent the rest of the day playing at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment