On Saturday evening Jason and I met up with our friends, Robert and Amy, to have dinner at Puccini's and attend the Brad Paisley concert. When we woke up Saturday morning, I was afraid that the whole day was going to be a wash out! However, we really only dealt with a little rain during the opening acts and none during Brad. Jarrod Neimann and Blake Shelton opened the concert. It happened to be Blake's birthday, and his new wife, Miranda Lambert, had come into town to surprise him (and us). It was a nice bonus for the evening. I really like Brad Paisley, and the music was as good as ever... but that might have been my last concert experience. Part of the problem was that I'm seven months pregnant and standing on a hill for hours was not comfortable (my back, knees, hips, and feet were all aching by the end). But truly, if at any time you are doubting the depravity of mankind, just go to a concert!! As Robert said on the way home, "I realized tonight that I really don't like people." :-) Thank God that He loves us as much as He does because it really is difficult to love humanity as a whole! It was still nice to hang out with our friends for the night despite the ridiculously drunk people around us.
 |
| Me and Jay |
 |
| Robert and Amy |
 |
| Amy (due 9/10/11) and me (due 8/14/11) |
1 comment:
you just needed to sit on the magic step again and watch EVERYONE trip as they walked up....
Post a Comment