I had already taken down some of the cabinet doors when I remembered to take a "before" shot, so that's why it's only half the kitchen.
I washed all of the cabinets with TSP substitute before removing the doors. Once they were taken out to the garage, I sanded them down (thanks to my dad for lending his sander and big work lights).
I also had to prime and paint the cabinet bases in the kitchen, so it looked like this for a week. Yuck! Finally, I finished it off with a clear coat to help seal and protect the paint.
This is my "after" photo. Jason still has to install the drawer pulls, but other than that it's finished.
It was a really big project. It took up every moment of free time I had for week (and required me to stay up working until 1:00am several days). So, I'm not sure I'll be tackling another painting project anytime soon. Although I'd really like to paint our master bathroom... :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment