Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Charlotte's 2nd Birthday

It's hard to believe, but Sunday was Charlotte's second birthday! First thing after breakfast she was able to open gifts from Jason and me. We gave her two books (Night-Night, Little Pookie and Happy Birthday, Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton), a baby doll, and a Baby Doll Care Center. She loves dolls, and the care center has a place to bathe them, feed them, and put them to bed. Chloe and Sophie were very sweet to play with Charlotte and her dolls most of the day (I'm sure they enjoyed the break while she was napping). In the evening, Mamaw, Papaw, Aunt Anna, her friend Tom, Audrey and Ruby came over for dinner and to open presents. We were planning a larger party, but since I was feeling under the weather we scaled it back quite a bit. Charlotte seemed to really enjoy herself all day, so I would say birthday number two was a success!

This is the Baby Doll Care Center. Can you see how many baby dolls are piled on there?!

The girls put on a fashion show for us after dinner. Here's the fabulous birthday girl!

Chloe, Anna, Tom, Ruby, Mamaw, Papaw, me and Jay watching Charlotte open her gifts. I think Sophie and Audrey must have been playing upstairs.

This is a little dog that my grandmother bought for Charlotte. It sings and moves... the ears go up and down. She loves it! We may not in a few days.

"...Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Charlotte..."

Here we are, just me and my baby girl! She wanted to stand on a stool for the picture. I'm not sure why. She seemed pretty happy about it though, so it works for me.

Technically, this was the day after her birthday, but I wanted her to wear the birthday dress!

No comments: